Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Praying for a miracle!


Below is a letter we sent out to some of our family and friends that we had email addresses for.  I'm not sure if  anyone outside of those people even reads this blog but in case there are people who still follow blogs and would like to join us here's the information:

24 January 2012

Family and Friends,

We wanted to begin by thanking all of you for your continued prayers on our behalf. Your love and support has helped us through this time.
As most of you know we have faced some difficulties in trying to start our family. The past 5 years have been filled with many different doctors and specialists who’ve ordered lots of tests that all seemed to lead nowhere. This all changed in October when we met with a new OBGYN who looked over our situation and had a positive outlook for our future. She ordered the same tests we’ve done repeatedly to see if anything has changed over the years. We received all the results in November and she was able to give us a definitive answer as to what our problem is. We learned that I do not ovulate EVER. Of all the infertility issues to have this seems to be the easiest to fix. She prescribed me clomid and metformin to aid in ovulation. Today I started taking the metformin and in the next couple of days I will start my first cycle of clomid. This will continue for another two cycles. The next couple of months will be spent praying for a miracle because the next option is a very costly path.

In October we had the opportunity to sit down with our Bishop and talk over our situation with him. We received a lot of great advice and direction on how to better communicate with our Heavenly Father. He told us to open up and let people in on what we are dealing with because there truly is power in numbers. This Sunday, January 29th, we will be fasting and we invite anyone willing and able to join us.

We have grown closer to our Heavenly Father throughout this process but know that we are at the point where we need the help of family and friends. It is through your faith and prayers that we can make this happen. We appreciate all you do for us.

Love,
Mike and Courtney Davey

9 comments:

aprilaleman said...

Courtney this is great news! I think about you all the time. We would love to join in the fast. Thank you for letting us know. And, if you need anything at all, let me know for sure!!!

Annette Todd said...

We're with you on this as well....

Heidi said...

I am glad to hear that at least you know something more now, and our prayers have been and will continue to be with you.

LOL that its me and my family who have all commented so far...but I know we ALL have been rooting for you guys!

Kristin Milius said...

Well I'm not in the Todd family but I'm gonna comment anyways. ;). We will be fasting with you!! I hope and pray it works out. It's hard to understand our personal trials but you were given this trial bc Heavenly Father believes you can handle it. Everything will work out when it is supposed to and you and Mike will cherish that sweet baby even more than most!! Good luck!

Jill Duncan said...

I love you guys!

Devin & Lindsay said...

Love you Court! Hope everything works out! I'm definitely praying for you guys!!

Amanda said...

You guys are in our prayers!! I hope everything goes well!

The Author said...

Well, I am sad that I missed your fast day. But, we will keep you in our prayers. :)

Robyn said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me, I didn't realize I was signed in under my hubby. :)